Ave. Ana Costa, 146 - Room 701/712 - Vila Belmiro, 11060-000 Santos, São Paulo, Brazil.
Phone/Fax: +55 (13) 3041-2507
Cellphone: +55 (13) 99690-1351
Cellphone: +55 (13) 99743-4492
Cellphone: +55 (13) 99670-1555
Cellphone: +55 (13) 98123-0034
Port of Santos
The Port of Santos, located in the cities of Santos and Guaruja, State of Sao Paulo. It is the main Brazilian port, the area of economic influence of the port concentrates more than 50% of gross domestic product (GDP) and mainly covers the states of São Paulo, Minas Gerais, Goias, Mato Grosso and Mato Grosso do Sul. Approximately 90% of São Paulo's industrial base is located less than 200 kilometers from the port of Santos
The Port of Santos was inaugurated on February 2, 1892, when the Companhia Docas de Santos (CDS), gave the world's shipping the first 260 meters of quay, in the area of Valongo.
Francisco de Paula Ribeiro was the superintendent of the Companhia Docas de Santos between the years 1888 and 1902, supervising and managing the construction.
In 1980, with the expiration of the statutory period of concession to operate the port by Companhia Docas de Santos, the federal government created the Dock Company of the State of São Paulo-CODESP, mixed capital company, majority of the capital of the Union.
In 2013, the Port of Santos surpassed the mark of 114 million tons moved in anticipation of a year the base projection for 2014 was the movement of 112.6 million tons.
Today is the largest port in Latin America. In 2006 its structure is considered the most modern in Brazil and the management of the Company of São Paulo State Dock (CODESP) - company of the Federal Government, linked to the Secretariat of the Presidency of Ports - search dialogue with the mayors of the cities directly connected to port facilities, Santos, Guaruja and Cubatao.
Area: 7.700.000m² - Right Bank: 3.600.000 - Left Bank: 4.100.000
Wharf Extension: Total 13.013 - CODESP 11.600 - Private 1.413